Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ramblings

Haven’t updated in a while as I was without internet for some time. As if anyone actually reads this but me.
New musical things for me:
New Elliott Smith song found at sweetaddy.com message boards. Sadly, the boards will be gone come October. I am hoping someone uploads a ton of unreleased stuff before the boards shut done. Someone already uploaded his entire unreleased collection all in one download.
Looking forward to the Jealous Sound/Sunny Day Real Estate show at First Ave this month. This will probably be the highlight show of the year for me. Both bands mean so much to me and will always remind me of early college. Back when life was so simple. Back when I could blow money on CDs. Music sure has changed since then.
Now both bands are both at it again. Jealous Sound is making new music and I am SDRE do the same.
Such a trip—One former Foo Figher and one current Foo Fighter back together. One who is also working with The Jealous Sound on their forthcoming album. All of it is a dream come true to me. I wonder what the Foo Fighter’s status is that Grohl is now doing the crooked vultures side project. Honestly, I could be happy with less Foo Fighter and more side project.
I love how the Jealous Sound has always been such a mystery. They go away for some time, release an EP out of nowhere, and post a message on myspace. Post another one about the tour, and keep us wating for the next message. In this internet era, you think you can keep up with a band on a weekly basis. I guess the Jealous Sound doesn’t have that much of a public demand for news updates as say how much Pitchfork writes about Radiohead farting on a snare drum.
Speaking of mysterious bands, I am still waiting for The Etiquette to release their new album online. I don’t understand what is taking them so long.
On my way to Chicago tomorrow! Love this time of year!

No comments: