Monday, September 21, 2009

The Jealous Sound


It saddens me that this band gets little press. The SDRE/Jealous sound tour has started, yet the opening band gets little online coverage. There is plenty of video of SDRE on youtube, but I haven’t found any new Jealous Sound video. I suppose this is usual for opening bands, but this is the first time The Jealous Sound has played in a very long time! I hope TJS gets a lot of new fans, and what a perfect way to get some by touring with SDRE.
I don’t think people realize the influence Blair Shehan had on the scene. Does a little band called Knapsack ring a bell? Well…maybe not. Knapsack started in ’93 and release 3 amazing records. I hope people realize that this guy was there when the scene started and influenced the sound and style of the scene.
I will do my best to take some good pics and video of TJS at First Ave on Wednesday as I am not sure how packed it will be for the opening band. I am still surprised that as of now, the show isn’t sold out.
The Jealous Sound don’t let us in on too much news so I will do my best to update on anything I notice.

Check out a quick blurb here. Nice pic of Blair rocking out.

They uploaded a free a “new” song called Priceless here

Check here often. As this blogger gets a lot of SDRE/TJS info

1 comment:

Myke said...

I posted the J Sound setlist in the comments of the post you commented on.

This is a review of last night's show in Denver with a very positive paragraph about the J Sound:
http://blogs.westword.com/backbeat/2009/09/last_night_sunny_day_real_esta.php

But yeah, I agree with you, J Sound is super underrated. I'm glad they're back. I hope the SDRE tour works wonders for them because they really deserve it.

And Knapsack, what a great band. I kept hoping Blair would bust out a Knapsack song to add to the tour's nostalgia, but no go.