Monday, June 15, 2009

Hexagon Bar, Minneapolis




What a great little venue! I was there on Friday for the first time. I can't believe this place doesn't get mentioned more on MN websites/blogs. The Hexagon has a tiny little stage, but every show is free!!! They get some great shows there. I saw the Black Hollies there on Friday. They are a band from New Jersey that sound similar to the Hives. Great stage presence and energy. They didn't rest through their whole set. One song just led into another. I talked to the guitarist after the show. Very nice and approachable gents!
A local band called Skipper opened the show. 1960's doo-wah feel to them. Comparable to a band I enjoy called Wolfie. Two girls with sailor shirts that sing harmony and a dude on guitar and lead vocals. Enjoyable songs, but the PA sound sucked for their set.
The Birthday Suits ended the show. Didn't have time to check them out, but I hear good things about them.


Black Hollies

No comments: